10 Things You May Not Know About Scouting
1. Scouting is for girls as well as boys.
2. Scouting is a global movement.
3. Young people can join at any stage of their development.
4. The Scout Association is a registered charity.
5. Scouting is great value!
6. Robert Baden-Powell, the Founder of Scouting was recently voted the 13th most influential person of the 20th Century.
7. Famous former Scouts include Paul McCartney, Billy Connolly, David Bowie, Stephen Spielberg and David Beckham.
8. Each day 100,000 people in the UK take part in Scouting activities.
9. Scouting for Boys, Baden-Powell’s blueprint for the Scout Movement is one of the most popular books of all time.
10. Scouting was 100 in 2007.